Itikaf is an Islamic practice consisting of a period of staying in a mosque for a certain number of days, devoting oneself to Ibadah during these days and staying away from worldly affairs.
Itikaf begins 20th of Ramadan.
Itikaf in Makkah
If you are planning to go to Makkah, then there is no need for the registration. Just go directly.
Itikaf in Madina
The Presidency of Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques has launched an online information portal for giving guidelines and registration facility to those Muslims who willing to perform Itikaf during the month of Ramadan.
Itikaf registration 2019 will start upon beginning of the Ramadan.
Itikaf Registration Procedure: visit https://gph.gov.sa website and after entering required basic informations, you can register for Itikaf of the respective year.
In Masjid al-Haram basement area is allotted for Itikaf, separate shelves and safes were made. Each worshipper is given with own key for locking of their belongings securely. Only one prayer rug, pillow, light bed sheets and 2 Ihram dress.
Some of Guide Lines:
- Always try to maintain cleanliness of Mosque
- Try not to discuss things in loud voices in the mosque.
- Avoid things creates the disturbance for worshipers.
- Try not to bring extra luggage in the mosque.
- Perform and stay in the area designated for Itikaf.
- Not hang dresses on the corridors or the pillars of the mosque.
- Do not sleep in places of praying area during night prayer Thajjud,
- It is good to take medicines of infection. flu and fever with yourself.
- Air conditioning facility is available in Masjid.
- Keep miswak and don’t bring bags/suitcases as these were not allowed only bring plastic bags to carry your luggage.
- The food is available during seheri and Iftar outside the mosque so don’t need to bring any food storage.
- Must bring cash as if you want to buy some food and other stuff shops outside of the mosque.
- Keep tissues with yourself.
- Try to reach as soon as possible to start your Itikaf it is good to reach 1 day before. In this way you get time to understand Itikaf guidelines practically.
Itikaf Registration Procedure Online:
Visit https://eservice.gph.gov.sa website for new user registration.
Once successfully created the user account CLICK HERE and go to the Itikaf registration page.
Tick on the provided column and click Next (Arabic)
Once successfully completed the registration, you can get a printout. A copy of registration will also send to the email account.