Saudi Arabia has decided to refund 80% of expat levy collected from the new Small and Medium scale Establishments, through Monshaat Small and Medium Enterprises General Authority. To avail the refund, establishments can be applied through Monshaat website : Check Work Permit Fee (Maktab Amal) Payment Status
The new program will refund 8-kind fees collected from the new SME’s including 80 percent of expat labor work permit fees. However, Expat dependent levy will not be refunded.
A total of 7 billion riyals is allocated and the refund program will continue until the end of 2021 or the complete utilization of the fund, whichever is earlier. Any fee paid before 1/1/2018 will not be refunded : Check the Iqama Red Green Status.
The refund include,
– Issuance and renewal fee of the Commercial Register
– Chamber of Commerce subscription and renewal fee
– Municipal licenses fee
– Issuance and renewal of licenses for economic activities
– Saudi post subscription fee (Wasel)
– Trademark Registration fee
– 80 percent of the work permit fee of foreign workers (Dependent fee not included)
More details and terms and conditions about the program published in the website https://esterdad.monshaat.gov.sa/Home/FQ
In order to be eligible for the refund, the establishment must be fully owned by a Saudi citizen and the date of commencement of the firm must not be earlier 01/06/2016